Originally created in 1950 by german company Gossen to be the “office in a briefcase”, the elegant slim typewriter soon became very successful. By mid 50s Gossen updated their design to something more stylish with gull-winged ribbon covers and an extended base. The typewriter was by then being sold with a robust and equally stylish case with stationery compartments, called the “necessaire”. In 1956 Gossen, willing to stop producing typewriters and dedicate to their original business, sold the Tippa license to Adler. The next few years Adler re-branded the same stylish model until 1960 when it created a new design for the Tippa. In 1968, after the merge of Triumph and Adler, the brand new yellow colored Tippa design emerged.